Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Funday.

Woke up early and met Sarah and Patrice (both returning Lang. Arts teachers at the middle school) at the gym. There is a GREAT gym at The Manor - a huge apartment building near the middle school. A lot of the teachers signed up but I'm trying out a 3-day pass since I have a tiny gym right in my building. Even though the gym at The Manor is more expensive that what I was paying in Denver, I think I might go for it. I'm not able to do everything I'd like to do at the one in my place... and I'm finding it hard to be motivated when the gym is right in my place (silly, really!). I've packed gym clothes to bring to school tomorrow and plan to go to the gym right from work - I think I can make that part of my regular schedule... and really like it. This gym also has a great schedule of classes - lots of yoga.  :)

The workout was followed up with lattes and breakfast with Sarah at Javas... I like this cafe.  :)

I spent part of the afternoon out on the balcony with my computer. There was a nice breeze and I'm thinking about submitting a paper to present at a conference this coming March - in Bengaluru, India! I really need to work on the flow and organization of my ideas... and somehow make it something that people will want to come listen to. The topic of the conference - Intercultural Collaboration - is right up my alley and I think it sounds great. I'd really enjoy presenting at conferences and figure I need to start somewhere - so it can't hurt to apply. ...If not presenting, I'd still like to try to attend with my professional development allowance from school. The conference is a Wed. through Fri. so I'd like to stay for the weekend and see some of India... amazing!

...That entire last paragraph sounds unreal, right?! It does to me a bit - it's pretty amazing to think that it could be for real.  :P

Another dream that I've been thinking about more and more lately is to begin writing stories... and having them published. I would love to be an author. I figure this is the place to do it... there's got to be a way to find a publisher and go for it myself. I will just take it all step by step and try to figure it out along the way. I'm excited thinking of all the possibilities - funny, cute children's stories... something about this experience... using my photographs... having some of my students be illustrators... the possibilities are endless! ...Depending on how this Poetry Slam Club turns out, maybe we could even publish their poems! (Ahhh... dreams.)   :)  ...And why can't it come true, right?!

I took a walk around my area tonight... more fun with my camera...
Ha - this guy actually called me over and requested that I take his picture.


Count 'em... five people on one scooter. Awesome, yet not unusual.




This is the bubble gum church on Hai Ba Trung (at least that's what I call it... it's bubble gum pink and looks like it should be on a Candy Land board). Before I was driving my own scooter and I was paying xe om drivers to get home, whenever we passed this church, I knew we were on the right path!


Tan Dinh Market near my place... and across from all of the fabric shops.

This picture is one of my favs.


3 comments:

  1. those sound like awesome ideas, stac! you can totally do it. miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like GREAT ideas. Definitely go for it!

    ReplyDelete