Monday, August 22, 2011

Smoothie Success!

Mmmmm my first fruit smoothie came to fruition this morning - (in Sarah's most famous words...) Brilliant!

I now have a delicious banana-peach smoothie. Mmm mmm mmm.

Also - big news from yesterday that got lost with my excitement for toys...

I bought a plane ticket to Dalat for our first 3-day weekend in two weeks!

From what I've heard, it should be a great little city to visit. It is in the mountains, has a large lake... lots of hiking, a beach, the chance to ride a horse (or an elephant!)... should be a nice getaway (and the year-round climate in Dalat is very different -cooler- from HCMC).

I'll be going with the new art teacher at my school, Donna (she's already becoming our travel book guide):

...And also with Kathleen - a new Language Arts teacher.

Should be nice to be able to pack both a swimsuit and a sweater and get away for some travels!

I'm also looking forward to learning the basics of traveling in this country. We are flying, which I think is best. Phuong went to visit her aunt and cousins in Dalat a few weeks ago and took the bus - it is usually a 6 to 8-hour bus ride... depending on if, and how much, the bus breaks down, etc.  ...Hopefully our plane won't be breaking down (should I even type that??).

No comments:

Post a Comment