Monday, August 22, 2011

Never growin' up.

Night 'o fun!

First, I bought myself a blender. It's pink. It's pretty bad... which then made it awesome in my mind. Now I can make fruit/honey/yogi smoothies!

Then I went to my fruit lady to stock up... she gave me extra grapes tonight and whispered sweet nothings (well... something in Vietnamese at least) while holding my arm. (It did sound as if she was cooing at me a bit... I take it that we're friends forever now.)   ;)

She didn't have any bananas however, so I walked a bit until I found some.

On my way back, I finally stopped at a stand that I've passed a few times. There are these really cool, bright stands that sell some kind of wrapped baked good... and then tons of toys hanging from above. 

I bought myself some toys. (I told myself that the ninja guy was for an activity that I plan to do with my Poetry Slam Club kids... part of my poetry suitcase... but not gonna lie - that was just a good excuse to buy this guy!)... Check out his skills...



Dude. He's awesome.

Then I also picked this guy out. So cute! I will have to find a good place to hang him.

I am going to ask Phuong more about these stands full of great toys and baked goods. It seems like they could be celebratory things for kids... the girl I bought them from seemed to get such a kick out of my wanting to buy them.  :P

Walking home carrying this rooster, I got many smiles! One young guy laughed and said, "For me??" haha.

1 comment: